Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowed In



Through out these several snow days, some things have come to my mind:

  • Reading through the Psalms, I have come to desire something. I want to wake every morning in the Lord. I want the first thing that my mind thinks of when it awakes to be of God's love.
  • No one has any control over the snow, or, really, anything else. The snow keeps coming and coming whether we like it or not. What an awesome view of God's power! We cannot underestimate His power. The snow is full of His love too! He wants us to see HIM. We have so many "snowed-in" days. HE wants our attention NOW, and always. Don't know about anyone else, but this "blizzard" is a wake-up call to me to give God more of my time.
  • There are many snow flakes that fill the trees. Each flake, by itself, does nothing. But God brings together many to break away the tree branch from the tree. There are many Christians that fill this world. Each one, by himself, does nothing. But the Holy Spirit brings together many to make one body, to break away from this world and live as God intends.
"My prayer is not for them alone, I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You. May they also be in Us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as We are one. I in them and You in Me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that You sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." ~John 17:20-23






2 comments:

  1. Gwen and I really enjoyed your post! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking these past couple days about His power, too. There is a reason He slows us down and sometimes He does it in really BIG ways....I know I needed it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Hannah....really encouraged me this morning :)

    ReplyDelete