Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Growing


"Grace + Truth + Time = Spiritual Growth
"This is the spiritual equation for spiritual maturity in our lives. If we lack any one of those variables, spiritual growth is interrupted and prolonged.
"Each individual is at a different level in their Christian walk. We have to allow grace, truth, and time in their lives and our own lives for growth and maturity in the LORD to take place.
"I don't know about you, but I am impatient when it comes to giving others and myself the grace, truth, and time to grow, heal, and mature in Christ. In my impatience I stifle the very work our LORD is trying to accomplish.
"So what is the solution?: Grace + Truth + Time. We need to give ourselves and others grace, wrap ourselves and others in the truth of God's Word, and allow Godtime to work in our lives and the lives of others. When we do this, we allow God the time He needs to mature us, and we accept and love ourselves and others just where we are at."

Mom sent this devotion this morning written by Dr. Henry Cloud. How often am I impatient for the Lord's plan for my life? Wow. All the time. It breaks my heart to see that my own impatience blinds me from seeing and participating in what the Lord is doing right in front of me, for me, even through me. Time is something that is not in my control, only in God's. What, then, can I choose but to trust Him in my life.

"Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ..." ~2 Peter 2:17-18

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."~Proverbs 3:5-6

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time ti weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from the beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live...I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him." ~Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

2 comments:

  1. patience....waiting on His plan....it is so hard at times!! was just talking with a friend about this yesterday...I want to see what He has for me in these "waiting" times....He knows that I need it! thanks for the equation...it's all in His time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hanna,
    I'm a friend of Sarah and I'm following your blog.

    Thanks for sharing this: Grace + Truth + Time = Spiritual Growth. That really is true, I think that we do need time, I would like to add that being teachable and actively seeking out Christ through His word and intentional Godly relationships is like a catalyst for spiritual growth. By seeking growth, we will grow that much faster.

    I think this is great! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete