Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Beginning of Forever

Today is a new day from the Lord. I'm starting this blog as a reminder to myself, and hopefully to others, that God is still working among us. That He is still working and changing my heart every day.

Over the past few months, God has shown me so many things about who I am in Him. He is teaching me how to be fruitful. Jesus said that "every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit....by their fruit you will recognize them." (Matthew 7:17-20) And in Galatians 5:22-23 he tells what those fruits are: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. This is how God calls me, and all of us, to live. It is not promised anywhere that this life will be an easy one. On the contrary, it is the hardest one to live because it means I must take up my cross and follow Jesus. (Mark 8:34)

This first blog will be short, but it is the beginning of my journal. May God be honored and glorified through this. May anyone who reads these entries be encouraged, not by my words, but by what the Spirit is speaking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment