Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Heaven

What a glorious eternal day of Sabboth to look forward to! How I long for that day! The song, "I can Only Imagine" brings so many questions to my mind about what I will do in the presence of the Holy God. Silence? Dancing? Scream? Sing? Fall?

..........................................................................

But, then, do I even need to know what I will do in His Presence? The peaceful hope of that eternity is so much greater.

Don't even know what else to say or put on here.

The hope of heaven brings so much joy and an even greater longing to live life on earth as God teaches. "To live is Christ, to die is gain." (Phil. 1:21) And what a great gain that will be!

"Here the Christian is always unsettled; he feels that he has not yet attained. There all are at rest; they have attained the summit of the mountain; they have ascended to the bosom of their God. Higher they cannot go. Ah, toil-worn laborer, only think of when you shall rest forever! Can you conceive it? It is a rest eternal; a rest that remains." ~Charles H. Spurgeon; Morning and Evening devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment